Friday, June 3, 2011

Holding out hope for the First Class. Will my blue ring break?


So, X-Men: First Class opens tonight, and I face it with a mix of excitement and trepidation. After all, X-3 damn near single handedly sunk the franchise, and the Wolverine movie almost put the nails in the coffin. Now with a 60's retro flair, will Matthew Vaughn succeed and bring this venerable franchise back to life or is it going to be dead like disco?

It's a little weird to admit, but this is the first comic book movie that my lovely wife Racheal has been more excited to see than I. CONSIDERABLY more excited. Like freaking out excited. I, on the other hand, have been approaching First Class with caution and guarded optimism. Every little clip that I see instills hope, but on such a tenuous foundation that it could all come crumbling down in an instant. I guess we'll see this weekend, after which I'll post a spoiler free review.

83% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes seems to indicate that maybe, JUST MAYBE, they got it right this time. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment