Friday, July 22, 2011

SO as to the lack of posting...

So, man oh man, have I been busy. We've started work on the new Carmine book, which is always challenging, even when you're NOT art directing the project! New long-term projects take a little while to gain momentum, and you generally have to drag everyone and everything along by sheer force of will, kicking and screaming, until the ball begins to roll, and then it tends to almost take on a life of its own. Inspiration strikes in one form or another, and then you just can't STOP working! Being swept up in that wave is where I like to be. =)

I've been slowly picking up more and more freelance design work, which is great! It's a really nice feeling when go from trolling craigslist looking for opportunities, and begin the transition to people approaching you out of the blue looking to see if you're available to hire. God forbid, Google+ has turned out to be a great resource for exposure and has actually led to a couple opportunities in the short time that I've been on it! 

Still looking for a regular day-job at the moment though, just to keep the bills paid and all that. Not quite at the level where I can do my work for a living full-time, but it sure is nice to see some movement in that direction. 

I've picked up what looks to be a big opportunity on the near horizon, but it's like Fight Club - I can't talk about it, at least not yet LOL. Things are just starting to get rolling, and I don't want to tinker with that momentum. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment