Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Alchemist painting


Finished this Friday night. I got to experiment with a new digital painting technique over pencils that seems to work better but still not crazy about it. I'm still trying to get my digital stuff to look more traditional, but feel like I'm fighting it every step of the way.

This was originally supposed to be used for a GM screen for Carmine, but was decided against. It's cool though...I learned a few things and honestly, I hated the original drawing anyway - it was a concept sketch that got drafted into service for the first book with a little clean up that I was then asked to paint on a fairly quick turnaround. If I'm asked to revisit this guy again, I'm starting from scratch. LOL.

And before anyone asks: yes, I totally based the color scheme for him off Mal Reynolds in Firefly, and those are indeed Louboutin inspired boots. LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment