Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Iron Man Mk. 42 Commission Process

Just finished another commission and figured I'd show the process. I started this with blueline pencil on bristol, after several thumbnails and referring to models and reference.


After the pencils were good enough, it was time for inks. I usually ink with Copic Multiliners, although I'm happy to crack out a brush. For something that requires as much precision as Iron Man, pens were the way to go.


After inks, it was time for markers. I went in with flat colors, using the lightest base tone I had, and blocked everything in.

Once the base colors are laid in, it's time for detail! I basically paint with the Copics and then drop highlights in last with white ink or gel pen.


Aaaaaand this is the final piece, after all's said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment