Friday, March 11, 2011

FIRST!!!!1 (Gods, that's bloody cliche, but I've always secretly wanted to do it anyway...)

Hey out there. I have to admit it's a little weird and daunting to actually be starting a blog, given that well, it's a little late to just be jumping on that bandwagon. I had it stuck in my head that it was a lot harder to put one of these bloody things together than it actually is anymore, in fact it's a little freaky how easy it is to publish one's thoughts/musings/mental diarrhea up on the web.

Anyway, I've decided that it's time to really take my career as an artist about as seriously as I can at this point, and that means drawing as much as possible. I'm working on getting a new workspace since the current studio isn't viable anymore and is in the process of being dismantled.

Trying to build up speed, since I'm generally notoriously slow, but I feel like I've had a chance to clear out some of those mental blocks and have been doing a fair amount of quick sketching whenever time would allow. Also, I've had a chance to put some of what I picked up at the con into action, but in terms of drawing and digital painting. I've always had issues getting my digital paintings to pop, but have had some decent progress this week. Here are the last couple day's worth...

Repaint of a piece originally done for the Carmine RPG.  Lovecraft FTW!

and in color.

1 hour Red Robin sketch done in the comic book store.

Rogue sketch for my friend. Took me about 30 minutes to get this out, but then I kept going back to correct little things here and there for another 30. 


30 minute Robocop done from memory. Haven't seen the movie in years, but it left an indelible impression in my young mind LOL. I'm sure details are wrong, but what can you do?


20 minute anatomy study with ballpoint pen. Been a while since I really pored over the minutiae of the human body, and I really want to get it all solidly in place, mentally speaking. This will be the first of many, I'm sure

Thanks a lot for taking a look, and any comments or critiques are certainly welcome. I'll keep posting things up as I finish them, and will try to keep this as well updated as my deviantart page (bigrobot.deviantart.com) or my facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment