Friday, March 11, 2011

Greatly Considering Copics...

So ECCC was an awesome event and the source of many an epiphany in regards to my art. I've been wanting to make the break into color for a while now and  have tried out some different brands of markers in the past, and just wasn't happy with the results.

Several of the artists that I talked to just couldn't say enough good stuff about their Copic markers. I've known gangs of artists who swear by them, but have only dabbled years ago with the original style - which I wasn't crazy about. The thing that really caught my eye this year were the style of Copics that have a flexible brush nib (Copic Sketch, I believe). I watched Jim Cheung work with his for a couple days running, and damn if he didn't get amazing results & blending.

Now I completely understand that getting these isn't going to make me become automatically masterful of the world of marker art, but they seem like solid, high quality tools that will let me lay down color the way that I want (even if they ARE bloody expensive as balls).

Any thoughts/suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment